Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Name for Baby & Encounter with the Biggest Losers

After weeks of everyone asking what the baby's name will be, we've decided on Jacob Allen. I'm pretty sure we'll call him Jake. I've also recently learned that my cousin has a son named Jacob as well so my mom and her sister will both have grandson's name Jacob but that can just be one more thing they have in common.

Last weekend Chris and I (along with Michelle and Bobby) took the boys to the Auto Show up in Raleigh, NC. It was pretty good. While I was busy looking at vehicles that could carry 4 plus kids and 2 adults, Chris was looking at all the mid-life crisis vehicles like the Porsche's, Corvette's, etc. While I know the conversion vans have come a long way, it would also be nice to have a Vette in the garage! :)

After the car show, the state flea market was just next door so we thought we'd take a looksie. Believe it or not, but we ran into one of the teams of this season's Biggest Loser. For those of you who watch, the Orange team is from here in NC, they got the boot two weeks ago.

But one of the team mates is the heaviest ever to be on the show. I wish I could say they looked as if they were losing weight but sadly, they didn't look much different. Michelle took the boys to go talk to them and they were very nice. Check out this link to see who I'm talking about:

http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/photos/gallery#item=60389

3 comments:

candy said...

aww, i love jacob! incidentally, if i had been a boy, my middle name was going to be alan (what spelling...i have no idea!) so i have a fondness for that name, too. :D we have some friends due with a little boy in april; he's going to be a jacob as well.

i'm trying to convince michael to go to the car show here! we went the year before last, but couldn't coordinate our schedules to get to it last year.

Our Family said...

We like the name Jacob, we were going to use it if we had a boy.

Jennifer Wilson said...

Congrats on the baby boy & what a cute name. I am due July 29th but because of complications last time will probably have a c-section a week early. We'll see. I hope everything is still going smoothly for you guys. We REALLY need to get together sometime. You'll have to give me a feel for what works for you.