Sunday, April 19, 2009

Austin's Track Meet and CJ & Brandon's Baseball

Yesterday Austin had his first track meet. He ran the 1500m and 800m. He did his very best and ran a 7:14 on the 1500m and a 3:48 on the 800m. Unfortunately, he was nowhere near 1st place on either event but since this was his first track meet ever I know he can only improve. For starters, I wish I could run a 7:14 mile!! Here's a clip of the start of the 1500m race. You can tell it's his first race since he didn't know at first that he didn't have to stay in the lane he started in. It was definitely a long day with 80 degree weather in the sun.
Right after Austin ran the 800m, we zoomed back to Fayetteville to try and make CJ's 3:30 baseball game. We had already missed Brandon's game earlier that day so I don't really have an update on his game. CJ played 1st and 3rd base during his game, which they won. Sadly though, CJ struck out twice :( But this time we will blame it on nerves for the first game of the season. He plays again Monday night so hopefully I'll have a better batting average to announce!

No comments: